DIRECTOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & SUPPORT SERVICES (ITSS) Durban Campus (REF: 609)
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM INTERESTED PERSON(S) FOR THE UNDER MENTIONED POST. ADVERT IS OPEN TO EXTERNAL CANDIDATES THROUGH DUT WEBSITE
DIRECTOR: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & SUPPORT SERVICES (ITSS)
Durban Campus (REF: 609)
The Director (ITSS) reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and will be responsible for supporting the Office of the CIO and the University at large on Information Technology related matters.
Masters in Information Technology, Computer Science or Equivalent area of study.
Ten (10) years’ relevant IT experience with at least five (5) years in a management position, preferably in an IT environment
Electronic and Communications Technology (ECT) Bill
Higher Education Act/Statues/Rules
SAQA and NQF
Overall understanding of Systems Software Applications, Networking, DRP, IT Security
Understanding of Higher Education environment
Strategic planning in IT environment
Project Management skills
Ability to support others and to work as part of a team;
Flexible, cooperative and results-driven
Salary: Market related
Contact Person: Ms. PF Zulu Tel 031 373 2751
Status of Position: 5 year contract – renewed based on performance
Publication: Internal and External
Please complete an official application for employment form and send a detailed CV and a covering letter with the exact name of the post you are applying for to: email@example.com.
Application form obtainable from our website www.dut.ac.za Communication will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
Only applications made on our application for employment form would be considered.
“While DUT strives for equal opportunities, preference will be in terms of the University’s equity policy, the University reserves the right not to appoint.”
PROJECT MANAGER: INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
The University of Cape Town (UCT) has consistently been ranked as the No.1 Public University in Africa by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. This achievement is a reflection of the dedication and calibre of the leadership of the institution, of its Teaching & Learning and Research programs, and of the various professional and administrative support service departments.
The University has several exciting projects underway to enable and support its digital strategy.
One such initiative is the implementation of the SAP SuccessFactors Recruitment Management system and to this end the University seeks to attract an experienced Project Manager on a part-time, fixed term contract, with 4-hour working days, for a period of 9 months.
The main purpose of the role is to oversee the successful implementation and integration of the new Recruitment Management system and processes, and to work closely with key stakeholder groups, including the University’s Human Resources (HR) and Information & Communication Technology Services (ICTS) departments, and the chosen SAP implementation partner.
This contract post will report to the PMO Manager in the ICTS department and will be responsible for overseeing the initiating, planning, implementation, control and successful closure of the project.
The ideal candidate would be a seasoned Project Manager, highly proficient in the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experienced in the implementation and integration of ERP systems or similar large-scale application systems. In addition, the ideal candidate would display a passion for technology and customer service delivery with highly developed attention to detail. S/He would need to display strong leadership and facilitation skills working both collaboratively and independently.
Appointment to this position will require the following:
• At least an NQF-6 qualification in Information Systems, IT Management or a related field;
• At least 6 years of relevant IT Project Management experience in the Implementation and Integration of ERP systems or similar large-scale Application Systems in an enterprise (large/complex) IT environment;
• At least 6 years’ experience in utilizing the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process;
• A proven track record of successfully leading projects with diverse stakeholder groups including technical teams, senior business stakeholders and 3rd party technology partners / service providers;
• A strong track record of effective leadership;
• A proven track record of working effectively within project governance structures and producing appropriate project artefacts;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong planning, organizing, coordinating and work management skills;
• Strong elicitation and facilitation skills;
• Strong competence in the use of project management software and the compilation of project reports;
The following would be to your advantage:
• A post-graduate diploma or formal certification in project management (at practitioner level);
• Familiarity with Human Capital Management (HCM) / Recruitment Management Systems and Processes;
• A good grasp of how to use Organisational Change Management principles as an enabler for successful Project delivery and Business outcomes;
The total remuneration package for this part-time, fixed term, 9-month contract is negotiable between R200,662 and R385,896.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc);
• Cover letter;
• Curriculum Vitae (CV;
• Copies of relevant qualifications and certifications;
An application that does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete and will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 3012 Website: www.icts.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E210166 Closing date: 12 March 2021
UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/policies/employ_equity “
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.